Monday 29 April 2013

Designing in Photoshop

In previous projects I have worked more by hand and created an outcome of physical, tactile samples made from fabric as a final collection. I was keen to push digital production of samples using photoshop to give me an alternative outcome whilst at the same time, challenging myself to be more professional, technical and skillful at using the software. Essential for not only this project but also future development in my career, I am aware that in professional practices, skills in programmes such as photoshop and illustrator are extremely important in the production of designs.

This was no simple task as at the start of the project I was clueless as to how to put patterns into repeat; an important piece of criteria to meet the Diane Harrison brief. Whilst developing some of my designs, I discovered lines through my work, when blown to scale, which was a result of my own human error. To ensure accuracy and quality of my final collection i revisited the designs and amended my mistakes.



Before this point, my project was simply a body of experimental visual research. My aim from using photoshop was to create exciting samples that could be identified as a collection which developed upon the initial colour pallet, introducing scale and pattern formation.





No comments:

Post a Comment