Tuesday 9 April 2013

Independent Visual Research

Following the group task I was keen to extend my area of research remaining with the theme evolution, focusing particularly on patterns in nature. My colour pallet developed from images of fish scales and reptile skin and my drawings, from visual patterns found in fossils.



The key image that inspired my visual research came from a book, 'Nature Close Up' which influenced my drawing and also sparked the idea of brusho.



Brusho lead me onto a more exciting way of mark-making. There is an element of control over the outcomes from using brusho but the lack of control is what makes it interesting. The marks ranged between fluid blends of colour to small splashes of colour. The amount of water on the paper and the space allowed for the dye to move would determine how much it bleeds. Adding salt drew away from the ink and left behind its own mark creating a sensitive blend of positive and negative; making marks with colour and making them by taking colour away.




For me, the main restriction with the brusho inks was the difficulty in variation of my colour pallet which encouraged my decision to introduce my designs to photoshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment