Friday 18 May 2012

Reflection of Unit X

One emotion that instantly comes to mind when I look back at this project is confusion and now in hidsight I have been able to pin point where that was. I was not confused about my project. I feel that having learnt from my previous projects of this year, I picked up on a strength and basing my work around this, I have been able to create a much more controlled and clearly directed body of work. I knew instantly that I wanted to base my project on colour and didnt feel enough inspiration for me when I assosciated this with Manchester. I wanted to give the new building a feature that would be inspired by somewhere completely opposite to the place we live in, creating a thought provoking distracting piece of vibrant art work to inject some colour into its interior. Im really happy with my final outcomes and believe that they are professional enough to be seriously considered for the new build. The element to this project where I feel I have not achieved aswell as I should have done is within the group blog. I feel that there was a lot of misunderstanding about what was actually to be achieved by this blog and it was only too late once I realised its purpose. I dont feel like my group blog has flown like a collaboration of textile students and it felt quite unnatural as there is not a lot of evidence of interaction. However outside this group blog where we havent recorded our interaction, I feel that I have got to know the members of my group much better and that we have supported each other to an extent through this project. I feel like I am constantly learning something new in this course, a lot of the time from making many mistakes but I can now build upon my knowledge and hopefully keep pushing towards improving the way I work as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment