Sunday 20 November 2011

Summer Dog Project

When I was younger I used to believe my teddies were real with their own minds and personalities. My aim for this project was to create a comforting, quite realistic looking dog with its own story and personality. I based him on one of my biggest ambitions; to go travelling around the world. This determined all of his features from the back pack on his back to the fact that his legs sticking straight out because he's tired from his travels (although he accidently looks likes he's impersonating a plane). The animal patches are a representation of all the countries he's been to and the different animal groups he experienced. I chose to work with a fabric that looks worn and slightly dirty and decided to hand stitch him together allowing imperfections giving a loved, appreciated quality.





No comments:

Post a Comment