Sunday 20 November 2011

Drawing Task : Deconstruct Reconstruct

Large scale drawing has never been something I am entirely comfortable with as I feel there is a lot more to think about and I have a lot less control. Having learnt new skills from the drawing classes, I wanted to combine them together drawing from real life objects rather than from photographs as I felt this would help me with scale. I set up a teapot, china cup and saucer and some cup cakes to work from. My drawing consisted of  blind continuous line drawing, positive and negative space and also drawing smaller circular view finder sections. I overlapped linear drawings and also blind drawings with positive and negative space studies which produced some interesting effects.












 However the task of creating large scale drawing was challenging for me and I think my brain automatically directed me to producing a piece that consisted more of 3 smaller drawings rather than each one working together to produce one big piece of work. For this reason the deconstruct reconstruct lesson really helped me because I knew that what I wanted to do was muddle my drawing together to make it more abstract and hide the differentiation between each section. I literally cut up my drawing inyo vertical strips and mixed their order to overcome this. by keeping some of the circles whole, I layered them on top of certain areas to allow the drawing to still have some sort of connection without feeling like it being one big drawing had been lost.






No comments:

Post a Comment