Wednesday 15 May 2013

Evaluation and Reflection

On reflection my initial understanding of Unit X was that the whole project would be strongly focused around collaboration of interdisciplinary students. I imagined the time allocated for unit x would be spent in groups working towards a group outcome. I do not feel that this project has had the level of collaboration that I had initially expected.

However the areas where collaboration was apparent did benefit my experience of a design process. Working in a group at the start of the brief, brainstorming initial ideas, allowed everyone to access a wider variety of choice for a starting point. Infact, the Diane Harrison brief has been one of my most favourites to date. I believe I challenged myself in how I created designs and from this, I now have more advanced skills in programmes such as Photoshop. I feel I have a better understanding of how a professional design process works, beginning to end, and visiting the Diane Harrison studio has given me more focused direction towards a future career.

I feel I have created an elegant and professional collection of 6 designs for wallpaper that embrace exciting, spontaneous and vibrant qualities. I have researched into this field within interiors which has allowed me to create realistic designs suitable for my target market.

My response to this brief was not without its set backs. I had amateur experience with some elements of the design process which I have overcome and learnt from. Improvements to future projects would be to ensure I work at a consistent pace giving me enough work to inspire me throughout the project. I have definitely benefited from more in depth research into contextual information which comes across, more so, towards then end of my unit.

My previous projects, in my opinion, have had less focus and concentration on what I want to achieve at degree level. I feel that the Diane Harrison brief has allowed me to get back on track and is hopefully the beginning of more successful, directed bodies of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment